Monday, December 20, 2010

[Cover Art] Mort by Terry Pratchett, French Edition

The art fiesta with French Pratchett covers continues. This installment features one of my all time favorite characters, Mort. I'm somewhat fascinated with the personification of Death and I jump at the chance to read a story about Death be it dramatic or humorous. Now, I have not read "Mort", which I hope to remedy soon, but I've enjoyed Reaper Man [which is a bloody fun novel to read].

Although I'm not in love with the human form of Mort prior to his promotion as Death, I do think this is a better cover for current fantasy readers, yet unaware of Pratchett [I think that each new generation has an indoctrination]. It's colorful AND like the original it has many elements, but without looking cluttered.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails