Friday, October 8, 2010

[Review] Zombiewood Weekly by Rob Sachetto & Jeremy Walsh

During my computer's technical hospitalization, I had another review posted on schedule at the ever awesome Innsmouth Free Press [WHOLE REVIEW]. I reviewed something entirely else as a medium and I loved it. I present to you the first zombie celebrity magazine:

Zombiewood Weekly: The Celebrity Dead Exposed, as a product, is flawless. Ulysses Press has an eye for detail and this pretty little thing deceives. It feels like a regular celebrity magazine. It has the flashy titles, trademark wordplay and glossy paper, and it’s the size you’d expect a gossip rag to be. To me, the magazine’s been put together to showcase Rob Sachetto’s art. His portraits build what I call ‘The Anatomy of Death’. His resume claims to have done around a thousand of these gory portraits and his skill shows. Celebrities are more than green around the gills, when decay finally sets in. Forget about those cute dimples and blemishes; envision flesh wounds and strips of peeled-off epidermis. Celebrities that craved the next extreme look now can choose between exposed jaws, missing cheeks and hives of blisters and bruises. Puss flows freely, while brains droop miserably from untreated head traumas. It’s all drawn as believable as possible, giving even me some queasy moments.

2 comments:

Sacchetto said...

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked the book. It was a lot of hard work and I'm very happy that enjoyed it rotting flesh and all!

Harry Markov said...

You are most welcome. It was loads of fun, I admit. :D The portraits made me nauseous at times, but I bet that is a compliment to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails