Sunday, March 20, 2011

An Official Farewell

I did try to write the remaining reviews that I owe people here and I failed due to other pressing deadlines. My interest to supply this blog with content has dried up completely and instead, I just want to officially announce that I won't be reviewing here anymore. Mainly, because authors and publicists have approached me for reviews and I don't intend to lead any more people.

The facts remain the same. I had a blast these four years, but at the same time as my own involvement with side projects on the Internet grew as well as the lists of responsibilities I know have to handle, I found that I can't follow my own set deadlines and not even my near Catholic guilt about it couldn't motivate me to perform better.

Really, I can't say that I'll stop reviewing. People know that I'm like herpes; I pop up every once in awhile everywhere so that people don't forget that I exist. I'm most grateful that I met so many of the people I know through this blog and grateful for the books I got to read through this blog AND the chances I got through this blog.

But not to bore you. Farewell. Take care. I'm leaving this blog as an archive for your perusal. Enjoy.

7 comments:

Ria said...

Shame you're no longer doing reviews on this blog, but it's good to know that you'll still be around. Best of luck, friend!

Harry Markov said...

Ria, darling. Thanks for all the awesome support you have given me through the comment section. We will definitely hook up over Facebook. :)

Neth said...

Well, it's sad to see another good blogger go. But I certainly understand - it's getting harder and harder for me to maintain my blog with family, work and such

Harry Markov said...

Neth: I am not gone, silly, just a bit homeless and a bit of a freeloader. :D :D I have gigs to pursue. Running the show is super hard for me.

ediFanoB said...

It is sad but I can understand the reasons why.

Best of luck with all your other projects.

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm sad to hear this and yet I certainly understand. As this year is unfolding I am really trying to cut back on the number of things I "have" to do as I know life wasn't meant to be lived at this frantic pace. I have enjoyed our conversations over the past years and wish you all the best and sincerely hope you are not a stranger on the internet, even if you aren't posting here regularly.

Andrew said...

Noooo! I've really enjoyed reading you these past few years. That being said. You're welcome over at The Science of Fiction anytime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails