Monday, November 15, 2010

[Art Pick] Ravine: Sardaheim and Shivas [concept art]


I come bearing gifts of art to thee. Here is some fantasy concept art done by Stjepan Šejić [current illustrator for Top Cow's Witchblade] for his own fantasy comic book called Ravine. Typically his style is not very appealing to me, because his pieces seem unfinished. If you look closely at the image, you will see the paint as if it's smudged. Considering that this is digital media, I'd expect to have clear lines and even color, while this imitates water paint. But that is just my taste as far as the coloring and lines go. There is no denial, however, that the man can draw and his races are both familiar looking and exotic enough to appeal. Tell me what you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails