There is a box. Inside that box is a door. And beyond that door is a whole world.
In some rooms, forests grow. In others, animals and objects come to life. Elsewhere, secrets and treasures wait for the brave and foolhardy.
And at the very top of the house, a prisoner sits behind a locked door waiting for a key to turn. The day that happens, the world will end…
Botanica is an island, but almost all of the island is taken up by the Tree.
Little knowing how they came to be here, small communities live around the coast line. The Tree provides them shelter, kindling, medicine – and a place of legends, for there are ghosts within the trees who snatch children and the dying.
Lillah has come of age and is now ready to leave her community and walk the tree for five years, learning all Botanica has to teach her. Before setting off, Lillah is asked by the dying mother of a young boy to take him with her. In a country where a plague killed half the population, Morace will otherwise be killed in case he has the same disease. But can Lillah keep the boy’s secret, or will she have to resort to breaking the oldest taboo on Botanica?
On the streets of Indianapolis, the ancient Arthurian cycle is replaying in the lives of rival street gangs. Told through the eyes of King, as he gathers like-minded friends and warriors around him to venture into the fastness of Dred, the notorious crime lord, this is a stunning mix of myth and harsh reality. A truly remarkable novel.
1) Are you British? Yes? Then you are eligible to enter the giveaway. Because Angry Robot Books have yet to invade the US and then the rest of the world, we are keeping this local to the imprint.
2) Entries are only accepted via e-mail: likenion [at] gmail [dot] com [Topic should read Angry Robot Giveaway]
3) An e-mail brings you one number in the lottery. If you want these badly, you can do one or all of the following and tell me so in the e-mail
- Become a follower of Temple Library Reviews
- Follow me on Twitter: @harrymarkov
- Re-tweet my announcement of the giveaway on Twitter
- If you own a blog, post about the giveaway there.
4) Behave and follow the rules
5) GOOD LUCK. The giveaway will run for a whole month. Entries past April 30th will be ignored.