Saturday, January 16, 2010

Doctor Fate in Art

Doctor Fate came to my attention via the Justice League Unlimited series, where I actually came face to face to DC's superhero roster. What makes him awesome to me [for the most superfluous reasons was his] is the golden ankh that appears as a trademark, when he is casting. Otherwise I am still curious to read a series with him, because so far he seems like the DC version of Doctor Strange or vice versa [I am not as well-read as I would like to be]. However I can see that the idea about a line of sorcerers, who carry the same name, has stuck in popular culture, since the very first Doctor made an appearance in 1940.

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I especially love that one by Noah Whyler. Wow! I am definitely going to check out more of his work. Love the style, the colors, everything. Thanks for the heads up on a new artist.

Emma Michaels said...

beautiful pieces! I agree with Carl, the Noah Whyler one is amazing!

Harry Markov said...

@ Carl + Emma: Yeah, it took my breath away that one in particular. I love the green font and how it is veiled over the figure.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Yes, that is really cool. I also like how the light is coming out of the eyes and the center of the figure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails